Tuesday, November 18, 2008

INTERVIEW: SHUX ONE






1) WHAT DO YOU WRITE?
I write SHUX or SHUCKS. Switch the spelling so I dont get bored.

2) WHAT CREWS DO YOU REP?
Im a oner, but I've had my share of being in crews.

3)WHAT'S THE MEANING BEHIND THE NAME "SHUX"?
Cool letters and cool dirty south origin. Its from an old expression like if you see a fine ass girl you go aw shucks! or if your embarrassed or put on blast etc...

4)HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN IN THE GAME?
Ive known graffiti my whole life, but the year I started was 1993. So 15 years.

5) WHAT ARE SOME OF YOUR INFLUENCES GROWING UP?

Older brothers,marvel comics,looney tunes, batman, breakin, electric boogaloo,beat street,boulevard knights,cholos,gang writing, thundercats,rap,n.w.a.,ice cube,thrashin',powell peralta,bones brigade,boogie down productions,x clan,disney,peanuts,pretty women... but what sealed the deal was the book subway art by Henry Chelfant and Martha Cooper.

6) HOW DO YOU FEEL THE GRAFFITI MOVEMENT IN L.A AND IT'S SURROUNDING AREAS HAVE CHANGED IN THE PAST 10 YEARS?
Im down with change because its gonna happen regardless if I want it to or not. If your gonna stay relevant in graffiti you gotta keep up with the times. Though alot of new cats get there cheat on ( internet). Because real graffiti is illegal and done on foot. If I see that shit in person or on the street then your real to me. I gotta give props to everyone who bombs, its alot of risk! Teach the youth.


7) ANY GOOD BOMBING STORY'S?
Like running into complete strangers' houses in south central to get away from the 1 times... many.

8) WHAT CAN WE EXPECT TO SEE FROM SHUX IN THE NEAR FUTURE?
You can expect the same bombing and piecing from me in the future... maybe do it big one last time before its too late or just disappear with out a trace and paint canvas for the rest of my life.

ANY SHOUT OUTS YOU WANNA ADD?

I wanna give big shout outs to Afiliated clothing for the interview, all NBC crew, all the og new york writers and all the og LA writers, TV crew in San Diego, young RIFLE and TANK for the new inspiration, and all my fam.

No comments: