Sunday, November 2, 2008

INTERVIEW: KOAST AGENTS PBK











1: WHAT DO YOU WRITE?
KOAST

2. WHAT CREWS DO YOU WRITE FOR?
AGENTS Cru and Peasants Become Kings


3. HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN PAINTING?
I've been painting since 2001. A good 7 years and been trying to keep it active ever since.Now days it's getting harder and harder as the years go by for me to try to find time to pull the type of shit I was doing a few years back through out the night. Been stuck on that "quality" instead of that "quantity"


4. HOW DID THE NAME KOAST COME ABOUT?
actually when I first started painting for the first few months I was messing with a different name that I really didn't care for. Got my lazy ass up and started to vandalize the local area, which at the time I really didn't know what I was really getting myself into. Finally took it serious and pick up the letters I enjoy 'd best. Been making love to this name since day one



5. WHAT WAS ONE OF YOUR MAIN INFLUENCES AS A YOUNGSTER STARTING UP IN THE GAME? Pretty much anybody that was from my area but dope. I always had an eye out for the work I would see in person weather it was at a yard, street, or freeway spot. I guess noticing that the coachella valley actually had people that were pulling off fresh productions under a bridge in the middle of the desert was what got me to wanna be that much more better.


6. FREIGHTS OR FREEWAYS?
WHAT DO YOU PREFER? Freights, I got more history and personal experience with them. If you add up the amount of work i've done. Most of it would be freights rather then freeways. plus cant go wrong with a panel that wont get buff compared to a freeway or street spot. Also cant depend on something that eventually the city will get their hands on. in other words i've painted freeway spots at night but spend "MANY" nights in freight yards through out the years weather it was in the Coachella valley or L.A. area. talk about hitting a super walmart at 5am for extra paint before the sunrise. Good time's.....



7. ANY GOOD BOMBING STORIES?
plenty..... back in 04 me and the rest of my boys from agents were on the grind with them freight out in the Coachella valley. we would laterally chase them boxcars from one side of the valley to the other along the 10 freeway with little time until they would take off again. One summer while on the hunt me, aps, selt and animl happen to spot a fat line off the Indio blvd exit. So we park, gather our bag's and cross the street into the bushes. Once's inside everything was cool and we just started painting a few boxcars. Since this spot was right beside the the 10 freeway you were always able to hear the traffic at a high pitch, at one point from the distance we were able to hear a cop siren on the freeway getting closer and closer but like idiots we avoid it knowing it wasn't for us, it was just passing by the freeway. Soon enough once's the siren's got closer we realized it was a shit load of cops with there sirens on hauling ass towards us. When they got to where we were at painting by the freeway a hugh ass spotlight from the ghetto bird spotted the top of our boxcar that we were painting on. The night turn'd to daylight all over again, that's how bright and huge the spot light was. Right away we hide under the boxcar for the longest minute I could remember but the spotlight from the chopper wouldn't leave as if it was waiting for us to come out. Finally we said fuck it and ran out from underneath literally tripping and eating shit while running back into the bushes. The spotlight try'd following us but we all went different directions I guess making it hard for the ghetto bird. We never got caught....the bird keep'd moving along with the parade of cops that were speeding on the freeway. we found out soon enough it was a live high speed chase, we just happen to be at the wrong place at the wrong time.........Oh yeah another time in L.A. I took the biggest crap at a yard in between two boxcars. had to rip a big part of my shirt off for toilet p aper. left a little something for the rat's to feast on. HA!

8.DO YOU FEEL LIKE AT THIS POINT IN YOUR LIFE YOU WOULD RATHER BE DOING LEGALS AND COMMISSION OR WILL GOING OUT BOMBING OR WRECKING FREIGHTS ALWAYS BE A PART OF WHAT YOU DO?
On the real if you would have ask'd me this question 2 years ago I would have probably said wrecking night spot's all illegaly but the table's have turn'd now that i've been getting older. Where I stand right now I got way to much to lose in my personal life and I got legal matter's that got me on check if you know what I mean, it ain't fun when you got someone to report to every two week's. But so far i've been trying to pull nothing but legals together which i've never had interest or the chance to do before until I hook up with certain peep's. Gotten hook and started to follow my boy's at what they where about and been please'd never since. I've had way to many CLOSE calls with pigs recently before I started to just focus on legals. I guess you could say that's what got me to see thing's alittle different. I mean I was to where I've been handcuff and placed in the back seat of a cop car to nearly getting hit and chase'd by one. For the people that know about me they know i've put in my dirt back in my day and for the people that don't I really don't give a shit if they never heard of my name or crew. I'm done with politic's and only in it to please myself at what I think is a stress reliever, that's the reason why im satisfy with this legal tip.


ANY SHOUT OUT'S OR DISSES YOU WANNA ADD?
Much crew love to the agents and PBK posse, Alex Canevaro Photography, NBC, and Afiliated clothing for the opportunity. also cant forget my fam and friends. as for them disses i'll give them to you personally when I see you. Thank's

No comments: